One of the best desserts that you can have during summertime is the lemon bars. The refreshing taste will lighten up your mood within an instant, and you will be craving for even more. You can make this bar at your home, or you can also find it at a restaurant or a bakery shop. Day by day, it is getting famous, and the prime reason is mainly the citric kick it gives during the bite. The delicious crust and the sugary topping make it a dessert that you can’t miss.
As a result, this blends perfectly during the summer season and not only that, some people also prefer to eat it throughout the whole year. If you are planning to keep it at your home for a more extended period, you must know the storing process of these delicious bars. Who in the world would prefer a sticky lemon bar to enjoy in the hot weather? No one, right!
Hence, following the article, you will get to know the perfect guideline about the storage process of lemon bars securely so that you can enjoy it afterward in your convenient time.
Read on to find out more.
How to Store
Below, you will find out one of the most renowned ways that people are storing their beloved lemon bars throughout the world. Follow the process for your benefit so that you can reap the rewards.
The import part in the lemon bar is the custard. If the custard is good, the overall dessert will taste awesome. Every time you put the bar in your mouth, you will get the same kind of taste like the time you had in the first place.
So, to achieve this taste, you can store the bars in the fridge. The temperature in the refrigerator will keep it fresh and prevent any degradation. In this way, you can save it for more than a week or a month without any hesitation.
Likewise, if you are planning to throw a party, the dessert will be a perfect fit with the situation. The bars will be fresh for a couple of hours at room temperature without getting sweaty, and during that time you can serve it to the guests. When the guests will leave, put the bars again to the fridge if you have some extras.
However, to properly store it, buy a wax paper first. Wrap each of the square or rectangular shaped bars with the paper slowly so that the crust and the sugar toppings are on place.
The next thing you should do is to wrap the bars again with the food wrap. This time, you should do the wrapping tightly so that the thin plastic film in the food wrap seals the bar properly to keep it fresh in the fridge. Finally, you should take all the wrapped bars and carefully place them in a plastic box.
Now, you are good to go to put it in the fridge. One thing you should keep in mind is that you should always put the box in the back of the refrigerator. Don’t put in the front as the sudden change in temperature, which will happen when you will open and close the fridge won’t help in keeping the lemon bars as fresh as possible.
How to Make Lemon Bars
This is an easy recipe that you can use to make lemon bars within an hour or two. A kind of pie crust known as Graham Cracker Crust will be used to level up the overall taste. Check it out.
- One and a half cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 5 to 6 tables spoons of melted butter (unsalted)
- Half a dozen of eggs
- 3 cups of white sugar
- 3 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 1 cup of lemon juice (squeezed perfectly)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- A quarter cup of icing sugar
- Turn on the oven and heat it at a temperature of 180 degree Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the graham crackers and grind it smoothly using the food processor.
- Drop the melted butter onto the crumb until all of them are drowned and mixed with butter.
- Pick a baking pan and grease it gently. Then pour the above mixture carefully. Make sure you don’t spill it accidentally anywhere.
- Use a measuring cup and gently press the graham cracker crust onto the pan so that both can be tightly packed with each other.
- Place the mixtures onto the oven and bake it for around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Take a big bowl and put eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix all of them with the help of a Whisk (a mixing tool).
- Now, pour all of the mixtures carefully onto the baked crust and put all of them again in the oven. Bake the whole thing for around half an hour. Check the combinations after that given time and if you find out that it is not well set, bake it for a couple of minutes again until it is fully set.
- As you are done with the baking part, it is time for you to take it out from the oven and leave it to cool for another half an hour. Don’t start cutting it immediately after you are done with the baking. When the cooling part is done, cut the bars into equal shapes with a knife.
- Sprinkle the icing sugar onto the top of the lemon bars. For precise sprinkling, you can use a flour sift. After the decorations, it is time for you to serve.
Enjoy it along with your friends and family.
Hope you have got all the unsolved mysteries that you were searching for from this article. Share this information to your closed ones so that they can also enjoy the benefits along with you.
Have a good day!