Before we talk about baking brownies in a convection oven, we need to know what it is. Naturally, if we do not know what a pen does, we will not know what we can do with it. Therefore, I believe I have to mention a few things about a convection oven.
What It Is
The first turbo ovens appeared in Japan during the ’70s as a household device, and now in the present days, they are even more popular. In simple terms, there is a fan inside the device that circulates the heat. The device can cook anything faster compared to other types of ovens. The oven’s main common parts are a glass bowl, a fan, the plate at the bottom, and a wires rack.
Use of A Turbo Convection Oven
In layman’s terms, we need to place ingredients on the rack, lock it and turn the heat after setting the temperature. But the main trick is always to put half the cooking time of any ingredient. For example, if an ingredient needs 30 minutes to be cooked, then set the timer for 15 minutes in this oven. You can cook in a convection oven anything that can be cooked in regular ovens.
Why the Turbo Oven
The reasons to use a turbo oven are the followings:
- It is faster, therefore, saves time and energy.
- Healthy and delicious meals.
- It is an excellent device for summer use.
- Reheating your food is also possible.
- Cleaning this device is very easy.
- It can cook various kinds of items.
- Ease of use.
- Does not take much space.
- Zero health hazard.
- The kitchen remains tidy, fresh, and clean.
Baking Brownies in a Convection Oven
Although the basic construction of a turbo convection oven is the same, there are many variants. With its versatility, it can cook almost anything inside the oven. So, let us not waste any more time and start baking our favorite brownies.
Brownies – the name itself is mouthwatering. What can we do? It is the legendary baked brownie. The famous Oprah said it is one of her favorites. According to America’s Test Kitchen, it is their favorite too! But when it comes down to Oprah and America’s Test Kitchen’s choice regarding the kitchen, I would choose America’s Test Kitchen without a second thought. I see it in high regard. If they have said something about the brownies, then it is my duty to find out what exactly it is.
‘Baked Cookbook’ if the name is not familiar to you yet, then you better hurry to the bookshop or Amazon and buy or order one without any delay. Why? Because the ‘Cookbook’ series is the one I believe in. They are full of amazing recipes and in-depth methods, and preparation instructions. Anyway, let us focus solely on brownie-making recipes. And let me tell you in advance, it is not that you are looking into the recipe for brownies. Instead, brownies are giving you a chance to prove your curiosity about brownies and how dedicated you are.
In the cookbook I have mentioned above, the ingredients and the related steps have significantly been detailed. As you do not want your brownies to be like cakes, follow the book’s steps to the minute details. If you look at the ingredients, you can quickly tell that the brownies are super RICH. In my opinion, by far, this is the best brownie recipe I have ever encountered. So, enjoy the brownie-making adventure!
Ingredients for Baking Brownies in a Convection Oven
- 2 tablespoons of Extract from vanilla.
- 5 eggs.
- ½ cup of sugar – brown and packed.
- 1 ½ cups of sugar – granulated.
- 1 teaspoon of espresso powder – instant.
- 1 cup of butter – unsalted and sliced into pieces 1 inch in size.
- 11 ounces of chocolate – dark and chopped coarsely.
- 2 tablespoons of powder of cocoa beans – unsweetened.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 ¼ cups of flour – all-purpose.
Instructions for Baking Brownies in a Convection Oven
- For this adventure, we will need a convection oven preheated at 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You need a deep baking pan, preferably 9×13 inches. Place a parchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
- Get a bowl and put the cocoa powder, salt, and flour. Whisk them well and mix them.
- Take a heat-proof bowl. Put the espresso powder, chocolate, and butter in the bowl. Put a pan on the stove. Put some water in the pan at a simmering heat. When the water is heated, put the bowl on the water. Occasionally, stir the content of the bowl. Keep going till the chocolate and butter become smooth and melted completely. Now, remove the heat, but the bowl stays where it was – in the water. Add both types of sugars. Keep whisking to mix them well. Remove the bowl from the hot water and keep it at room temperature.
- Put three eggs in the chocolate and butter mix and use a whisk to combine them. Now, add the other eggs and whisk again. Then add the vanilla and mix again. The batter must not be overbeaten.
- The mixture of flour goes into the mix of chocolate. Keep folding the varieties together from all the sides from outside to the center of the bowl. Do not stir. Use a spatula for this. When the mix of flour is barely visible, you can stop folding.
- Put the content of the bowl in the baking pan that we have prepared before. Start baking. When the baking has progressed halfway, then rotate the pan. It takes roughly about thirty minutes, so by fifteen minutes, you should turn the pan. After the designated thirty minutes, insert a toothpick and see if any moist crumb is sticking to it.
- Let your brownies cool down. Carefully lift the parchment paper and the brownie. Cut into manageable pieces and serve. You can store cooled-down brownies for up to three days in a plastic container in a cold, dry place.
I hope you will find an interest in baking brownies in a convection oven as you know how to make them now. The recipes are very detailed I believe. Free your weekend and get to the nearest shopping center with your family or friends and buy the ingredients. Have fun making the delicious brownies with them and enjoy the weekend with your favorite dessert!