Do you want to know about the best way of reheating pizza in an air fryer? Before that, you probably need to know how an air-fryer works, what exactly it really is, so on and so forth. Therefore, I have gathered some important information for you here. Hope it will help you a lot in your future.
If you know about convection ovens then it is easy to teach you about the air fryer. Because the air fryer is nothing but a countertop convection oven that has been amped up. Philips has a patent for this product. The company claims that their product can emulate the result just like a deep-fry cooking method with or without oil. This is an all-purpose device that can fry, roast, or bake any food including frozen ones. You can also reheat pizza in an air fryer crispy.
How Does Air Fryer Work?
In the top part of an air fryer, there is a fan and a heat-producing mechanism. Inside the fryer, there is a basket where you put your food. When you turn the device on, heat is produced and the fan runs to circulate the heat all across the basket and heat reaches evenly everywhere. It fries your food even without oil. Isn’t that fascinating?
Frying process inside the air fryer:
- First, you put your food inside the basket of the air fryer. You can add a little bit of oil – ½ teaspoons. This will turn your food crispy.
- Now you have to set the time and the temperature at which you want to fry your food. Depending on the food you want to cook, you should select your time and temperature from a chart given in the manual.
- When half of the selected time has passed, turn the side of the food and cook again.
- When the time is up, keep your food in a standing position for a few more minutes.
- Always clean your fryer after its service.
- Just like deep frying, you can also bake, roast, or reheat food. But if you want to cook food with liquid batter, you had better freeze it first.
Many ask the same question over and over again. It never gets old – is it safe to eat food cooked in an air fryer? Is it healthy? Now, as a matter of fact, you need less oil to fry food. As a result, it is healthier than the regular open-air deep fryers or cooking pans.
Benefits of using Air fryer
There are a few notable points as advantages of an air fryer.
- You need to use less oil.
- As you do not need a lot of time on the stove to cook, the environment remains cool. This is very important because in the summer the kitchen becomes unbearably hot.
Drawbacks of Air fryer
No device is without its fault. Air fryers have too.
- There is a limitation in capacity when it comes to air fryers. There is a certain limit that even the biggest air fryers cannot cross. As a result, you have to make your food in batches.
- These devices are not nice to your wallet. They are expensive high-tech devices.
- They take a significant area on the counter.
Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
Now we are going to talk about reheating frozen pizza in air fryer. Why reheating? Think about it. You have bought a huge pizza the night before and could not finish it, and put the leftover in the freezer. Now, the next day you suddenly remember that you have a leftover pizza. You are happy that you do not have to cook anything. You will just need to reheat the pizza. But how do you reheat your cold pizza in the air fryer? Well! All you need is an air fryer!
So, if you face this kind of situation all the time at home, then go ahead and buy an air fryer if you do not have one. It will be a very good investment as it saves a lot of cooking time. But before we do that we need to know what happens when we do not use an air fryer.
Option One- Microwave Oven
You may think that you already have a microwave oven. But sadly, for you, inside this oven, your favorite leftover pizza will become something you do not expect to be a pizza. It will become a lump of soggy flour mixed with other ingredients. The only alternative is an air fryer.
Option Two- Oven
It comes as a normal option to us if we have one at home. We can ask, we have baked the pizza in the oven, so why not reheat frozen pizza in the same thing? Yes, that is correct we can do that and the result of reheat is definitely way better than the result from the microwave oven. Let us see what happens in the baking oven.
- It is definitely time-consuming. Usually, for a baking oven, you must preheat the oven. For that, dedicate at least 20 to 30 minutes. By then if you are not chewing on the frozen pizza itself from hunger then keep going through the process.
- Now, put the pizza there for 3 to 4 minutes just to reheat the frozen pizza.
- This way you will have to go through the whole cooling and cleaning process. It is time-consuming and full of hassle.
- The result is that the crust and base become very dry. You will not like to chew what comes out of the oven after almost half an hour of waiting. You could even just order a new pizza and get the delivery at your doorstep by then! What is the point?
Option Three- Air fryer or Convection Oven
It is very easy to reheating frozen pizza in an air fryer. An air fryer is nothing but a convection oven. If you want to get the best reheating frozen pizza result by far, then you will want an air fryer at your disposal. I am telling you all these, keeping in mind that you already have the devices at home or you can order one. There is no wait compared to the previous option. Follow the steps to get an awesome-looking reheated frozen pizza.
- At the bottom of the fryer, put some water depending on the size of pizza you want to reheat. A couple of spoonfuls should be alright. The reason for doing this is that during the reheating process, the heat will create vapor and that will keep your pizza from getting dry like firewood in the dry hot summer.
- Put the frozen pizza in the basket of the fryer. Close the lid of the fryer.
- Set the timer and the heat level. Start and wait.
- If you are not sure how much time is needed then start from 2 minutes. Then turn side with a tong. And then wait again for the same amount of time. Voila! There is your nice reheated pizza!
You will not understand how awesome an air fryer is until you reheat frozen pizza in an air fryer. If you have one try it out and if you do not own one, then buy one as soon as possible. It will be fun cooking at home!