Part of Cuisinart’s “Chef’s Classic” range, this 17 piece cookware set is their best seller.
The set has a hard anodized aluminum exterior, and a tough titanium based nonstick interior, which is easy to clean – you just soak the pans in a little soapy water and gently sponge the food away.
The handles are made from stainless-steel processed with Cuisinart’s CoolGrip treatment so that they stay cool. The lids are made from tempered glass.
Here is what you get in this set:
* three frying pans/skillets – one 8 inch, one 10 inch and one 12 inch. The 12 inch skillet comes with a cover
* three saucepans with covers – a 1 and a half quart pan, a 2 quart pan and a 3 quart pan
* one 4 quart saute pan with cover
* one 9 quart stockpot with cover
* a 7 and three-quarter inch steamer insert with cover
* a 9 and a half inch pasta insert
The steamer and pasta insert go into any of the saucepans and the pans are oven safe to 500F. Cusinart provide a limited lifetime warranty as long as you follow their instructions. You need to hand wash them, use wooden spoons only when cooking to protect the nonstick interiors, and make sure you don’t cook at a higher temperature than 500F (which is high enough for most people!)
This set pretty much covers all a family’s cooking needs (the pasta insert is particularly handy) and makes a good house warming or wedding present.
The price is pretty good considering you get 17 pieces (the Rachael Ray 14 piece set is selling for the same amount). You can get this with free delivery too
You may also wish to have a look at the following page on the Rachael Ray 10 piece nonstick hard anodized cookware set.